Nan, Inc. is proudly in receipt of $174.5 million task order project award to design and construct two, multi-story Bachelor Enlisted Quarters (BEQ), P956 and P973, at the Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) in Kaneohe on the island of Oahu. Issued under a Design-Build/Design-Bid-Build Multiple Award Construction Contract (DB/DBB MACC) with the Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) Hawaii to maximize functions and efficiency for the housing of the Marines at MCBH, Nan and its design team have been successfully selected to replace existing BEQ facilities that are at their ‘end of usable life’ and provide a new and modern facility.
The P-956 project shall provide a new five-story Bachelor Enlisted Quarters (BEQ) housing complex with 95 Marine Corps 2+0 rooms and the associated utility buildings, such as a Gear Wash and Drying Area Building, Central Plant, Emergency Generator, Bicycle Storage Pavilion, and a Recreational Pavilion. The P-973 project shall also provide a new five-story BEQ housing complex with 95 Marine Corps 2+0 rooms that is adjacent and attached to the P-956 BEQ complex, along with a Recreational Pavilion and an extension to the existing parking lot. Surrounding buildings, which include but are not limited to B1043, B4014, and B4015, will remain in operation during the entire construction duration of P-956 and P-973.
Prior to the construction of P-956 and P-973, the existing Mackie Hall BEQ (B1655 & B1656) and the associated buildings and courts shall be demolished. The BEQ structures of P-956 and P-973 shall then be constructed concurrently, along with all the associated support facilities, i.e. Central Plant, Gear Wash and Drying Area, Recreational Pavilions, etc.
Work will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
• Architectural work includes the design and construction of 190 standard configuration rooms to accommodate up to 360 military personnel, passenger elevators, and common spaces including duty office, vending area, laundry room, and multipurpose room with restrooms and kitchen.
• Civil work includes design and construction of access roadways, vehicle circulation and parking, sidewalks, pavement, aprons, culverts and grass pavers; landscaping, gear wash down area, utility building, bicycle storage, recreational pavilion, trash enclosure, bollards, and site demolition.
• Structural work includes design and construction of concrete structural frame, concrete masonry unit walls, reinforced concrete floor, roof slab with metal panel roofing, and deep foundation system.
• Mechanical work includes design and construction of fire suppression, plumbing and air conditioning/ventilation for the various spaces.
• Electrical work includes fire alarm, primary and secondary electrical distribution systems, and onsite and offsite telecommunication distribution systems.